What to Expect
- Before arriving, write a short introductory biography of no more than 50 to 75 words.
- You should read the Artist’s Overview, Artist’s Release, and the Artist’s Booklet before we meet.
- Our session will start at 9:30 a.m. and end at about 3:00 p.m.
- During the first hour we will get to know one another, drink tea, answer questions, and sign the model release.
- We will photograph some images in your studio or in the place where you create or present your work.
- We will also make images in the city, nature, and my studio. This may require some walking and short travel by car.
- There is no set number of photos that may be created.
- I will give direction in posing, and you may also suggest poses and settings in which you would like to be photographed.
- Photos will not be created in the fine art nude genre, unless you request it.
- The photographs will avoid “smiley snapshot” types of images.
- I would like to create artful, genuine, expressive images so that different aspects of your personal self are captured.
- I will select images for publication, and I’ll send you copies in JPG format. More information may be found in the Artist’s Release.
- If you utilize any of the photos you must…
- attribute my name (Gianni Vidotto)
- create a link to my website, http://www.gioklik.ca
- not alter or change the photos in any way.
- Be prepared to bring a couple of changes of clothing.
- I would like to photograph you both in the clothing you wear to create your art, and in other casual attire.
- You may wear makeup.
- I encourage you to bring props that reflect your art such as a guitar, paint brushes, sculptor’s mallet, pen, tutu, etc.
- The interview will focus on questions that help to reveal your inner self and the vision that informs your work.
- Examples of questions have been given in the overview of the project found here.
- The interview will be an opportunity to be open, responsive, and forthright about yourself and your art.
- Each artist will be asked the same questions, with follow-up questions to clarify or expand upon answers.
- A unique question may spontaneously arise from time to time.
- Some nervousness is normal. And if you feel uncomfortable, simply “pass” on sharing an answer.
- Answers will be tape-recorded so I can transcribe and edit them.
- Your words will be transcribed as you stated them.
- Editorial freedom will be exercised in the interests of brevity, but interpretations or judgments will not be made.
Directions to my Studio
- My studio may be found at #1 – 450 Yates Road (just off of Glenmore Blvd.)
- Drive North on Spall; it will blend into Glenmore Boulevard; turn left on Yates Road; follow Yates to Orchard View Estates.
- Through the car gate turn left; my house is first on the left;
- Park on the right side of the garage driveway; text me when you arrive as I may be in the photography area and not hear your knock.
- If arriving from Vernon, turn right on the road which runs between the Super 8 Motel and the Gas Depot in Winfield.
- Stay on Glenmore Road until you arrive at Ballou Road where you will turn right, and finally left onto Yates Road.
- You must not consume alcohol or any drug (except for a prescription) prior to or during the photo and interview sessions.
- Consumption of medical cannabis outdoors is permitted during breaks, provided it is medically necessary.
- You may smoke tobacco outside.
- Please call to either reschedule or cancel. My door will always be open to you if you want to return. My cell number is 778.363.2232.